i can't believe that this is normal!

So i have been having this pain in my lower left hip and leg. it is getting so bad that it makes me cry (I hardly cry) and I can't talk, b/c it hurts so bad. it woke me up out of my sleep last night, and nothing could make it go away. I tired Tylenol, heating pad, laying with my legs propped up. nothing worked. what do you think this is? it can't be normal,its never happened to me b4, it started when I was 32wks and just got more intense as the weeks go on. and I can't take it any more.what the heck is this?!

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? It could be the baby sitting on a nerve. It has happened to me too. :) Have you tried a warm bath?
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm 34wks and my baby is breech, I tired warm bath and it made it worse
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well I know I had this same thing with my baby, it literally made me get up out of bed 5-7 times a night because I found sitting on the toilet eased the pain. IDK y. If u dont think it is normal tell the doc and tell her u really cant see this being normal anymore something has to be given or done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i had the same thing but on the right you baby my be sitting on your siatic nerve
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 1:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Most likely the siatic nerve i have been dealing with this for the past three weeks and i have found nothing helps me if you find a solution let me know cause i need one to!
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had the same feeling when I was in the middle of labor and the dr said it was my baby laying on a nerve or something on that side. My mom rubbed my leg for like 2 hours straight and it helped lol I've been having a weird aching/hurting feeling in that same area again this time but its not as intense as it was with my daughter.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I am so sorry you are in so much pain. Sciatic pain is a possibility, round ligament pain comes to mind...sorry I am not much help. Possibly a hands and knees position may take some pressure off and offer a little relief. I truly hope it gets resolved.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 2:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm having the same proble.. I'm 32 weeks and it's very painful.. My baby is also breach at this point and is sitting on a nerve and that's what is causing my pain... :-(
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• have you tried taking a swim? that might help take some pressure and weight off of your hips and legs. also, a maternity belt will help lift your belly up and give you some relief. you can get them at motherhood maternity. just be advised, that it takes baby out of its "comfort zone", so baby will become MUCH more active. and you never know, taking baby out of its "comfort zone" might make baby turn head down too.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009