Do you let your kids get out of the car when u pump gas?

I used to if i was by myself and had to go in and pay. About 2 weeks ago someone backed up and hit the right side of my car as i was pumping gas.He hit it so hard it moved my car.done about 4000 in damages.So i just wondered how many mommy's let there kids out of the car while pumping gas?I was always worried about someone jumping in my car and taking the car with the kids in it while i was pumping and had my backed turned But i never really th0ught about someone hitting me.pls no bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I take my son out if I have to go inside, but while I'm standing by the car I roll the windows down a bit and lock the doors I'm so paranoid too.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I always pay at the pump so I don't need to take the baby out. If I do need to go in for some reason I take him with me. I'm from a big city and I'm insanely paranoid.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• No, because I can't keep a constant eye on them while pumping gas, putting the pump away, screwing the cap on, etc. There's too many cars and I would hate to have something happen the instant I take my eyes off them
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Oh, I always pay at the pump but if I have to run in, I take the kids with me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I didn't mean to hit anon...I'm above :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If I have to go inside to pay, then I bring my son in. But he gets back in the car and buckled before I start to pump gas.

I would be more concerned with someone hopping in the car while I went into pay with my son in it than while I was standing next to it pumping gas.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• When I am pumping no(you can lock the car!) but when I go in to pay yes.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I guess im NOT paranoid, I pay at the pump so I never have to go in (on the rare occasion I do I take him with me) and I leave my keys in the ignition and have the car on (not running justo n, so the ac blows). While it's pumping I usually act silly with my son so he doesnt get upset that im outside the car without him... Im REALLY not worried someone will jump in and steal it with me standing 3 inches from the door. But it would be scary if someone backed in to my car!! eep
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I usually get gas when I'm by myself. But no they stay in the car even if I have to go in. I take my keys with me.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i'm generally in the car with the baby while hubby pumps, i haven't pumped gas since before i had the baby. i am more insanely paranoid about overheating, so i twist myself around and fan her with a laminated map while we're sitting there. overboard, maybe, but it makes me feel better.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009