my son is months. how and when do i start potty training??

sweetdreams1013

Asked by sweetdreams1013 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• doesnt say how many months mama.......but i will say that your child being ready is a huge part of potty training. cues to look for: grabbing "themselves", telling you pee or potty, or interested in you, spouse, or siblings (if there are any) when you go to the bathroom.
    once you think your child is ready, consistency is key. i like just taking the in the bathroom after a certain amount od time. i started every 30 min, then to 45 when there wasnt an accident, and now about every hour works. but my step son is 3, and can hold it longer than little ones. and i'll be honest i hate pull ups, i feel like its just like a diaper, they get comfy and so its easier to have an accident. but i still use them for nap and bedtime. i like that better than washing sheets all the time. once they make it through the night, or nap time a few times without an accident i'd say go ahead with undies then too. GL!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I know little boys and girls are different but with my daughter she always sees me go to the bathroom and I tell her this is what "big kids" do and she gets that. I give her "no diaper time" and constantly remind her that she isnt wearing a diaper so she has to use the potty. She def has accidents but she realizes when she has an accident and normally its as she is running to the potty. Another great thing I saw for boys are these paper targets that you can put in the potty and they aim for it haha. It makes it fun for them so they want to try. Remember potty training can take a long time so dont get frustrated! Good Luck!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2009