Is the 5 piont harness safer than 3?

I have 3 carseats, 1 for me and 1 for each grandma. Mine is the 5 piont and the other 2 are the 3 point with the bar thing across the front. Is it really any safer to use the 5? If it is, why? (they are all convertible infant/toddler seats)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL! I would love to see you and your grandma's sitting in those carseats. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 1:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The 5 is supposed to be safer, but not sure why. I do know the "bar" on the font is a bad idea. Usually those do not allow you to tight the straps around your childs body. Also, if your child is flung forward in a crash, he/she could suffer internal damages do to the impace on the bar. The straps are right on the body so there is little movement, but the bar is a little distance away. THose types of car seats are few and far between any more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• http://www.diaperpin.com/articles/article_carseat1.asp
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009