how long do you save baby food?

my daughter only eats about half a jar during a sitting & I usually end up throwing it away, because I hate givng her the same thing twice in one day. So it seems like such a big waste of food!

amberstevens

Asked by amberstevens at 2:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• my pediatrition told me its ok to keep it for 24 hours.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If you don't feed her directly out of the jar, then you can save the other half. Just take out what you need into a bowl. Put what's left in the fridge. I didn't feed them the same thing twice in one day, but the next day I would serve it. I only kept it in there for 1 day...you probaly could keep it for 2 days if you wanted to.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We made our own and froze it in ice cube trays, then popped the cubes into a container. We would pull out one or two cubes for a meal.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I keep it up to a day and a half. I do feel her the same thing twice a day. I don't like opening another because it seems it will waste.
    Greeneyes1

Answer by Greeneyes1 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2009