anyone out there get their hours cut at work because they are going back to school??

i am going back to school, which was cool with the boss until he did the schedule. now he has cut me from 32 hours down to 14 hours. any suggestions on what to do???

frazzatazz

Asked by frazzatazz at 2:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can try explaining to your boss that school wont interfere with your work schedule, or its possible that you got hours cut because of the type of job you have. Business doesnt pick up again untill Octobor for the holiday season. So you might just want to ask. Maybe he/she thought that they were doing you a favor by holding your place at work while not over whelming you with hours!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Nope I have my own home business so I make my own hours!!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 3:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• First, you need to ask him why your hours were cut. Second, you may be eligible to collect some unemployment compensation. delete your answer Third, it is definitely time to start a stealth job search. Join us at Job Hunting Moms: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

Answer by rkoloms at 4:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yikes, that was harsh. I would ask why your hours were cut. Who knows perhaps it was a good thing. Have you ever thought about working from home? I recently did and I'm very happy with my desicion. The best part is that I work around my family's needs and work whenever I want.

Visit my website:

www.4MyFamilyandMe.com

I'd love to tell you more about my team!
    Erika
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009