What is the best way to keep your dog cool when living outside?

I give them plenty of water but one of them likes to dip his legs and start to splash instead of drinking it then he'll have dirty water to drink that big dummy.

I don't want to keep changing his water if he is continueing to do this.

But I do feel sorry for them..I have no other place to put them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pets

• How about inside until it cools off a little...u wouldn't want to be stuck out in the heat!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Make sure you dog has shade. I would also take a few empty milk jugs and fill them with water and freeze them then put them outside in his dog house. (please tell me you have some sort of shelter)....as long as he isn't out of water and it is changed daily a little mud in it isn't going to cause any harm.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Buy a hard plastic kiddie pool (you can get them for like $12), and fill it up with cold water and a little bit of ice. They will swim in it, my friend's dog does this. Keep it up in the shade if you can so the water doesn't warm too much. Provide them with a dog house, or a sheet tent or something where they can get out of the sun too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I bought a $7 pool at Petsmart for when my dogs are outside. One of them loves it! The other one just drinks from it. My dogs are inside dogs, but I take them outside everyday and I put fresh water in it and their dog bowl that's outside each day. Sometimes I even put my feet in the dogs' pool while I sit out there with them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009