Barack Baby Boom????

Wonder if anyone will be regretting their choice of name in due time for their offspring????

"In 2008, the name Barack set what's believed to be a record for the Social Security Administration's annual Most Popular Baby Names list by skyrocketing more than 10,000 spots on the list, from No. 12,535 in 2007 to No. 2,409 in 2008. And the Social Security Administration predicts the name will even crack the top 1,000 this year."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-talk-obama-baby-boomaug11,0,1797240.story

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh great. I guess I will be teaching a bunch of little self -indulgent, arrongant 6th graders in a about 10 years. With a name like that, the entitlement will have to accompany them to school.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• What's really funny is that some people were expecting an actual "baby boom" about nine months after the celebrations of election night. No significant uptick in birth rates has been reported. Hmm... I wonder if there was an increase in abortions or STDs in that time frame?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Ha, you're right anon, but I think it's more due to people not being able to afford it than anything else. Nothing like a good ol' recession to keep people diligent about birth control, lol.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009