My feet are killing me, I'm a sahm, so I'm not on my feet all day

It's like I have been on them for 80 hours straight. The pain is so bad I can hardly walk most days. The pain is mainly in the heels and along the sides of the feet. Just doing the dishes becomes a huge task because it is so painful to be on me feet!!

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Health

• are you pregnant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Try getting one of those water massagers where you put your feet in and the jets massage them! My mom is a waitress and she loves that thing! They are really cheap (around $40) and well worth the money the first time you use it! Since you are not on your feet all day I'd look into talking to a doctor about the underlying cause if you can; feet are a fairly good gauge of how healthy a person is and can signal another problem (such as back problems, bone problems, circulatory problems etc) Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better soon!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If this is new then you probably need to see your doctor. My husband suddenly started having severe pain and swelling in his feet and it was gout. He got a prescription to help with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• no not pregnant, lol but yeah it's been going on for just a few months and never thought about gout.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yeah, I thought he was joking when he told me it was gout. I really thought you had to be OLD to have that! Later I was talking to a friend and found out her husband also recently came down with gout.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• gout is mostly in your big toe, cut out spicy food for that and take Motrin. Buy some epsom salts and soak your feet.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My stepmom had something similar happen to her but I can't remember what it was exactly. She had to see a doctor, though. It wasn't gout. I would go to the doctor.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2009