Too far?

man carried a handgun strapped to his leg to a town hall meeting being held by President Obama in Portsmouth, New Hampshire on Tuesday.

It's legal for him to have the gun as long as it is unconcealed, the police told MSNBC. The man was on private property -- church ground on the roadway leading to the high school where Obama would speak. The church gave the man permission to be there. However, according to police officers, he is under constant surveillance and is not anywhere near where the president will speak.

Talking Points Memo points out that the man was carrying a sign referencing this Jefferson quote: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hours before Obama was to arrive at Portsmouth High School, the road leading to the event site was lined with people - about 100 supporters of Obama's health care overhaul on one side and about half as many opponents on the other. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said that the president was prepared for possible disruptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IFhJtijX88&feature=player_embedded
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• What's your question?
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 3:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• This is my question, I dont know why its anon....But those are my questions
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Why has it gotten this far?
    how can it be slowed down?
    So you think it has gone too far"
    would YOU consider that too far?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• He has every right, protected by the Constitution, 2nd Amendment, to carry a gun. I won't attend a town hall metting without mine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We have obam and his goon squad to thank.
    Anonymous

I know what yours and my rights are, but given the sign he was carrying, you wouldn't consider that a threat?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

He didn't threaten anyone, or hold a sign promoting blood shed

sweet-a-kins

• How is that sign promoting blood shed? I think you're reaching for things that ain't there Sweet
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2009