I have a Huge problem with this but feel so freaking helpless out here in nowhere

this is the oboma plan most of which I dont aggree with but I live in a tiny town with a tiny voice I am so mad yet at such a loss on what can be done WHY are we americans allowing ourselves to be pushed around like this? I am not a political person but this man has forced me out.

overview of HR 3200
http://www.liberty.edu/media/9980/attachments/healthcare_overview_obama_072909.pdf

full text of HR 3200

http://www.capwiz.com/afanet/webreturn/?url=http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.3200:

knepppi

Asked by knepppi at 3:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just read the first one, this is a bias'd group, trace them back to their roots. It is lies.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We are making a difference in showing our voices. It doesn't matter where you live. Get a sign and walk with them in the neares town where they are protesting. Just talk to your friends and family. Face it they didn't write this bill for jollies. They want to do everything in it that they can. My biggest beef is we don't need to wreck a whole program that works for most. You can fix the parts that need fixing without tearing the whole system down and having the government take it over. The government is looking out for itself when they won't even address the frivolous law suits that cause Drs to have to raise prices. If you make $100,000 a year and have to pay $150,000 in medical insurance you cant make any money.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Maybe you should try to read the actual healthcare bill, you might feel less "pushed around" when you realize that if you have insurance that works for you, you're life won't change but if you don't have good coverage or you don't have any, you'll actually get the healthcare your family needs.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• itsmesteph, they're not wrecking the whole system. They're keeping the current system in place. Have you read the bill?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• As to doing things, you CAN have a large impact by phoning Congressmen and getting your opinion counted in their offices - phone not only your own, but others as well. According to Dick Morris, handwritten letters make a BIG impact ... and he said that if the Senators and Representatives return to their Washington DC offices from summer break and find impressive stacks of letters waiting for them, then it will make a strong impression on them.

Although you may feel insignificant, when you contact a politician's office, your letter or phone call is NOT noted down as just one person - they use statistical calculations to multiply your message as coming from hundreds or thousands more voters who did NOT phone or write.

So, suddenly your one message counts for a LOT !

Look on Heritage, ACLJ, Glenn Beck, Dick Morris, Town Hall, & other such websites for help with ways to be effective !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You have a voice. Just keep calling and writing your reps. There are lies spewing from both sides. The left would have you believe that this is the best thing for our healthcare since the advent of tylenol, the right, that you might as well shoot your own grandma in the head right now to spare her a long painful death being denied treatment. Neither is true.
    The language of the bill is far too vague. It could be misused and abused.

There is a question of constitutionality. Tenth ammendment.
    We can't afford it.
    It addresses much more than health care. More money going out.
    Not written all the way so we can't even discuss it well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Here is the spot which says a private insurer cannot enroll new people after legislation takes effect (Year 1):
    SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT COVERAGE.

(a) Grandfathered Health Insurance Coverage Defined- Subject to the succeeding provisions of this section, for purposes of establishing acceptable coverage under this division, the term `grandfathered health insurance coverage' means individual health insurance coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:

(1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT-

(A) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in this paragraph, the iINDIVIDUAL health insurance ISSUER offering such coverage DOES NOT ENROLL ANY INDIVIDUAL in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is ON OR AFTER THE FIRST DAY of Y1.

I enlarged the operative words. How long can independent companies last wi/o any new clients??

READ.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Oh thanks waldorf, I forgot about that one
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Nice info, waldorf. Funny how quick this question got soooo silent.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I am glad there are a lot of people out there that are more informed than I am and can help me find the information to form a more informed opinion.

knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 7:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009