How far alog were you when you found out the sex? Any incorrect results?

I am 13 weeks now and I have scheduled a 3d ultrasound for 16 weeks. The place says thay can almost always tell then. Really more than being scared of not finding out, I've heard of hearing it's a girl early on, but then it turns out it was a boy, so please let me know you experiences with finding out the sex, when, 3d ultrasounds, and any gender mixups. Thanks.
Shawnee

shawneewaiting

Asked by shawneewaiting at 3:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually people wait until 20 weeks to find out the gender. At that point the baby is developed enough to tell the difference between a penis and a limb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• we chose not to find out for our first

I wanted to know for #2, at my first u/s at 20weeks they were only 70% positive she was a girl (I didnt believe them...lol held out that baby was a boy - and got a girl LOL), #3 I knew was a girl but we also had weekly u/s for a heart condition so knew without a doubt that she was a girl.

up here they will not tell the sex of baby until after 19 weeks - too many people were finding out the sex and aborting because it wasn't what they wanted. at least thats what the tech explained when I had my first
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i had an u/s done when i was 16 weeks they said it was a girl...now at 37 weeks they are still saying its a girl .... but keep in mind everythingdepends on the baby.... good luck
    avigrl88

Answer by avigrl88 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• 16 weeks with my son and 18 weeks with my daughter. They were right both times (it was pretty obvious with my son! lol) and they were regular ultrasounds...not the 3D ones. Congrats!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 3:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If I were you, I'd change the date of my u/s to 20 + weeks. At 16 weeks they can easily make mistakes, not matter what they say. But by 20 weeks and over you are much much much less likely to get a mix-up. I waited til almost 22 weeks and found out i'm having a girl and i just had a 3D ultrasound at 31 weeks and it confirmed that she is indeed a girl. my cousin however went at 16 weeks and was told she was having a boy...few months later she gave birth to a girl.. lol you don't want that to happen, it's very stressful. so just reschedule if you are worried..
    javila

Answer by javila at 3:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I found out at 12 weeks...that was early. I had another at 16 weeks and it was still a girl...I had a girl!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 5:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009