House Infested With Roaches! HELP!!

My friends home is infested with roaches. I love her to death, she's a doll, but I can't stand being inside her home- it disgusts me. She said that is was like that when she moved in 2 months ago- and I believe her, she's a clean freak. If she calls pest control, would they be able to help her with the problem- or is it just a temporary fix? Has anyone else had this problem? I'd like to tell her what to do, but need advice first. Any help would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes she can fix it. I moved into the same problem. My mom's boyfriend owns a pest control business so he came and fixed up the place. He put this gel orange/brown looking stuff all over. It's a bait and the roaches will take it back to the next to share. He put way more than he usually would since he knows I'm terrifed of the beasts! :) Within 2 months they were gone and basic home prevention has kept them away. When it's this bad, I definately recommend a profession. They have stronger products and know where bugs like to hide. They even have sprays that force the bugs out so they can kill 'em. They also usually have some sort of guarantee so if it doesn't work you can get them back or do a certain number of treatments or soemthing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Does she rent or own? If she rents its the landlords problem and I would call the state on it or something...if she owns then thats her problem and if I saw a roach for the first time I would have called pest control right away. Some pest control a guarntee if the pests come back to do it again...tell her to get someone out there right away whether or not she is renting or owning....send the bill to the landlord!!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 3:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• go to dollar general and get some boax.. roaches can come back no matter what but if you put this down they can take it with them and they dont come back.. raoches are like ants they biuld tunnels under the ground so if you spray thy can get out and come back this stuff isnt harmful to you (just dont put it on a baby or a mans junk) but it really works..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 3:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My house is clean, immaculate,but, I have never seen so many roaches in my life,I'm talking about big brown roaches,we have been through 2 exterminators,I went to Home Depot,the salesman told me,buy this,if this spray don't kill your roaches,nothing will,well that spray didn't work either. We never had roaches,this is new,I know my neighbor rip up their floor and did some remodeling,but, this is nasty, I told my DH,he better do something,it's the bugs or me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had a roach problem because our neighbor's house was infested and got into ours. After she gets a professional out there, I would tell her to buy some gel by Combat to keep it under control. It comes in a fat syringe, and it looks like peanut butter. Put it around all the doors and along the baseboards. My roach problem wasn't out of control, so that worked for me. Nothing else I bought at a store worked.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'd recommend the Combat gel. Also, roach motels. If she decides to use boric acid, then it HAS to go only in places kids and pets can't get into it - it looks edible but it's toxic.

In the meantime when one gets inside, forget Raid. Go get a can of the cheapest aerosol hairspray you can find. (Like the stuff we used to use WAY back in the 80's to get our bangs super-high.) I've found hairspray to be WAY more effective at killing the little buggers than any insecticide. Or at least, it was the only thing I found killed the ones we had in Arizona.

Whatever she decides to use, she will have to rotate her pest control method every so often. I swear they get immune after awhile!

If she's in an apartment or any dwelling attached to someone else? Then she will never completely get rid of them unless ALL the other attached dwellings are as vigilant as she is. :(
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2009