Would you sell your wedding rings to get extra $$ if needed?

We REALLY needed the $$ since my hubby's hours got cut and we are expecting another baby soon. I don't even wear my engagment ring not since I got prego with our first DD in 2006 since my fingers got to fat and also it's not even truley mine it was given to my hubby from his mom who he doesn't have anything to do with anymore. We didn't get as much out of it as we would have liked but it's $$ . I don't miss it I still have MY wedding band which is mine and I wear it when my fingers aren't swollen . We are getting close to our 10 year annivarsary in 3 years so if I want I can get another diamond ring if I really want to so no big deal.......I really don't like jewlery much anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• They only way that I would is if, I was divorced or I knew they werent going to fit anymore.
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 3:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I would sell one of my kidneys before I sold something that symbolizes my marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes, if I had to, yes. I have been taking jewelry that I don't even wear any more and selling it. And, you are right $$ is $$. Maybe in a few years, the two of you could renew your vows and he could ask you to marry him all over again. I try to think that everything I have is material things. I have sold items on ebay and at a pawn shop and not miss them. =)
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Nope. I can never part with the set I have...it was the set that dh's dad gave to his mom when they got married. His dad passed away....so I can never ever get rid of this set!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 3:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Couldn't you try selling something else that doesn't mean a whole to you? I'd never sell my ring!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• my dad sold his my mom was pretty pissed but it payed a bill we realy needed so she was ok with it then a few weeks later she lost hers i think it possibly cursed there relationship lol they fought since i can remember and tht was after they lost the rings
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The engagment ring means less to me than my wedding band since my hubby bought the wedding band and NOT the engagment ring I kept my wedding band since it means ALOT more to me than my diamond.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i cant even get mine off my finger!!!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• A ring does NOT make my marriage . I never wore the engagment ring anyway as it was just the band and that's why I just kept the band.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If you don 't have a problem selling it, then go ahead!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009