Cloudy fish tank

my fish tank is extremely cloudy and i dont know how to fix it someone tell me how first time fish owner here

victoriak12708

Asked by victoriak12708 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pets

• I just did a water change so I know where your coming from. The last time I did a water change it took a week. Do you have the stuff to clear it up? Put that in but make sure you take the carbon part of the filter out. Hope that helps.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• There is cheap stuff you can buy at a pet shop or like Walmart back by the fish supply stuff thats for cloudy water stuff. Put in how much the bottle says and within 24 hours it takes the cloudyness out of the water. The stuff I use every water change is a purple liquid. It works great its in a white bottle. Makes the water crystal clear after the purpley water settles down. The cloudyness of the water is something in the tap water that causes it. I believe the stuff I use is called Clear water.
    skinsfan26

Answer by skinsfan26 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Im not sure what your experience is so far and if you are doing water changes yet or not... pm me and ill try to help as best possible... i have a 30 gallon tropical tank(for the past 2 years) and am pretty good with fish.. ttys~
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I also wouldn't try the clear water formulas...it has been harmful on my fish in the past.. try and be as natural as possible with your fish...
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• The clear water liquid has never hurt my fish what kind of fish do you have? I have guppies which could be the reason but it doesn't hurt the fish. I have had tanks for years and have used it many times. It could be something in your water.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2009