How can I keep my kids out of my fridge?

I have gave them a little smack on the butt, I have put a stupid child restraint on it too, but it seems nothing can keep them out. What should I do?

evilmomof2boys

Asked by evilmomof2boys at 3:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Put a lock on it...LOL...if the other things havent help...then make sure you dont lose the key and keep it close and somewhere they cant see it or see you get it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Your question caught my eye. Lol. My 2 and 3 year old boys won't stay out!!!! IMO it is a discipline issue. I am teaching them not to get in just like I teach them not to touch the computer, etc! Maybe I need to start not allowing a snack when they get in without asking!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I got one of the locks and put it on the top not the side.

its one that sticks to the door - http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=6618&site=CI&cm_mmc=cse-_-nextag-_-health_safety-_-SF-032&srccode=cii_9324560&cpncode=20-25767573-2

this isn't the exact one but a lot like the one I have.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Ty guys. I was thinking about putting a piece of rope around it lol. But thought that was too drastic lol
    evilmomof2boys

Answer by evilmomof2boys at 4:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i agree with another poster..put a lock on it...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• you could try to wrap a bungee cord around the fridge and hook the hooks to the fridge handle. to get into the fridge unhook one hook and latch it to the freezer handle. Just be sure to put the hook back onto the fridge handle.
    it really is a stage and they do outgrow it.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I am having the SAME problem with my 19 month old getting in the pantry and helping herself! We are considering a lock for insanities sake.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I have a gate in the doorway of my dinning room to my kitchen. I guess i am lucky to have that option. I have it mainly for safety reasons though. I have a special needs son and a 15mo. old and the basement stairs are off the kitchen. My 3yr. old knows better when i take the gate down after i put his 2 younger bros. to bed than to get into the fridge. He asks first or there is consequences to his behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009