Have you read HR 3200?

Thing read like a patients bill of rights. What the heck are you so upset about? You don't want fair, adequate, and affordable healthcare? It's NOT a single payer system, it does NOT aim to become one.

PLEASE READ THE BILL before you go out and shoot someone. Okay?

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20090714/aahca.pdf

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL Obviously YOU have not read it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Actually, I have. Which just shows that you have not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes. I read it. Did you?

Try Section 102. ...
    How about Section 123? ...

or try Section 1156 - is restricting doctors' and hospitals' rights to own or to buy new equipment or expand facilities REALLY helpful to patients' rights? ... or is that actually a violation of citizens' right to own property ( doctors ARE citizens, too!) This clause is VERY gov't-takeover/socialist.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I've read the bill twice now, and I have no idea what you are talking about, anon. It's full of crap that has nothing to do with patients. or patient rights. or affordable health care.

And who shot anybody? Drama, drama, drama. Just because we don't follow this bill or the men supporting it blindly.....
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• "Sec. 1156. Limitation on Medicare exceptions to the prohibition on certain phy-
    sician referrals made to hospitals. "

"Sec. 102. Protecting the choice to keep current coverage. "

"Sec. 123. Health Benefits Advisory Committee. "

1156 isn't even what you said, and what is wrong with the option to keep your current coverage? Are you just trying to prove my point for me?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• 1) Why are you hiding behind anonymity?

2) I'm still working my way through the 1,000+ page document, IN FULL, and I'm sorry if I doubt that YOU'VE actually read and understood the entire thing.  And no, skimming through parts of it in under a day does not fall under the category of "reading."

3) If you've actually read it, you'd see how much of it is left up to interpretation.  This alone scares me because if any part of this bill can be interpreted differently from what the people who support this bill think, then about half the population (a little less looking at the polls) is in for a big surprise.

Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I read it ten days ago. I will be rereading it on friday. I spent the morning writing snail mail in penance for not going to the rally I was supposed to today. It does NOT read like a patients bill of rights, you must be checking out the summary. There is some really scary language in there. It's way to vague. It's also a stepping stone to single payer, to quote Harry Reid. Not to mention unconstitutional, power grabbing, and unfinished.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Ha she must have been reading the one with rainbow stickers and unicorns drawn on it eh???

If YOU really think this bill will not void private insurance companies you are blind! Do you really think they do NOT want a single payer system??? I have heard it out of their mouths! Go blow your lies in the other direction!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm sure she may have actually read the first couple of pagesor maybe the headings that lists what the bill is supposed to be. There is no way she could have read the actual mish mash of explanations for each of the sections and gotten that idea LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• No, I don't think the goal is a single payer system. In fact, the bill has language to prevent that from happening. What you have heard out of Obama's mouth is: ideally a single payer system would be great, HOWEVER we already have a system in place that works and they we are very heavily invested in so what we are doing is BUILDING ON TO THE SYSTEM THAT IS ALREADY IN PLACE.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009