(TMI) period Q

Is the desire or craving to consume a blood clot from period discharge indicative of a severe nutritional deficiency of some kind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Health

• it probably means you need more iron (as the nurse suggested), since blood has a lot of iron in it. try eating foods rich in iron like liver, strawberries and dark leafy greens and see if that helps. also, do you take a daily vitamin? maybe try taking centrum everyday and see if that makes you feel better.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Ew. What kind of question is this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Wow......I can honestly say I have never had that happy. It could be an indicator you are a vampire...lol. Seriously though I have heard of people craving dirt. They say most of your bodys cravings are because you need something that the craving contains. So, I guess it is possible
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• is this a joke? if you are serious, see a doctor.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• thats gross, this is a place for people to get real help and questions asked. grow up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• op here. is a real question. and am going to ask dr but appt isnt untill mid september! i've googled it and tried to research it only to come up empty handed. my foster daughters home nurse said it sounds like a bad iron defiency to her. sure it's gross but just because it's gross how do it become a joke? someone somewhere in the world has surely experienced something similar before so I thought I'd inquire.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2009