I'm 27 wks pregnant with 2nd child, I should know this already...

I became really moody around this time with my first born, so it doesn't surprise either one of us, Adam (S/O) and I, that I would be for some time. I worked throughout my first pregnancy and returned to work 3 months after only to discover, I'm pregos and here we go again. Eventually we talked it over and we decided that it was best that I stop working for 2-3 years to raise the kids and finish college. With the recession or what-have-you, summer sessions were cancelled until Fall and I'm at home 24/7 finding things to occupy my day. It felt like a great idea but now I find myself feeling lonely, and esp. distant from Adam bc he's at work all day. My question to you ladies, could this really be a fallout or I'm just crazy talking bc of the hormones????

egriffin1231

Asked by egriffin1231 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I remember going through that when I first left work to stay with our daughter. The key to staying home is not to sit and do nothing. Use the time you have now to focus on your first born and give him/her your attention before the baby gets here. You will be thankful you did. Go to the park, children's museum, where ever and use the time during the day to get the running around done and housework in check. Then when the hubby is home at night and weekends, you have nothing to do but spend time together and you look forward to seeing him when he walks in the door. Have him do the childs bath and you get some down time or workout or whatever you like to do. Find a friend and do "girls night" once a month. My best friend and I take one night a month to go out and have dinner and chat for usually 3 hours and then go home. Staying at home does not make you a non-contributer to society....make memories with your children!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I would think hormones! Not that it helps any. I hate being tole it is probably my hormones, because the thoughts and feelings aren't any less real!!!! I have a good friend I talk to every single day. I think she is a big reason I stay sane! Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• No you aren't crazy, you went from being a contributing member of society to be stuck in the house with a minor and another one on the way.I did the same thing and as much as I love my kids I also resent being with them 24/7 while my so is out working and being in contact with adults. Having adult conversations that don't revolve around your children.. Maybe it's time to go out and get a part time job or take a course at school so you aren't always home staring at the same 4 walls day in and day out. Or trust me you will wind up going CRAZY.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• not hormones. i have had an emotional battle staying at home. i feel like i have nothing to do... or that i'm not applying myself enough.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i hate staying at home all day, i hate cleaning and i'm not very good at cooking.

it sucks, staying at home all day sucks.

and yes hormones suck too.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2009