My child is purposly peeing in her bed, to come to my bed!!!

So, my daughter who just turned two in May, has been peeing in her bed on purpose. She is potty trainned, but when she sleeps I put a pull up on her just in case. I took her pacifier away about 3 weeks ago, which went smooth except for the peeing thing now. She falls asleep fine, then wakes up 2 hours later and calls and calld for me, if I don't get up and rock her a little, she takes off her p.j.'s and pull up and pees in her bed. I had to change her bed sheets 5 times last night! Any suggestions?

babys_mama

Asked by babys_mama at 4:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe taking her nookie away is having this affect on her. dont give it back though. If I was you I wouldnt put sheets on her bed till she stops and tell her that her bed looks ugly bc she wont stop. I would go buy a matterss cover to put on it. Of course put a blanknet down for her to sleep on and give her something to cover up with. but take everything else off. No animals or anything but the cover a sheet and a blanket to cover with. Oh and the pillow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• This might sound rough, but you should let her sleep in her bed. She will be so uncomfortable- she'll think twice about doing it again. If you give her the attention every single time she pees to come over to your bed, it's like you're rewarding her.
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 4:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Kids are such stinkers! They are too smart! The things I could think of were to just keep changing the sheets and not letting her back in your bed. She'll get the picture soon, but you'll be exhausted. Another thing would be to plan something really special. Maybe a night over someones house, but only big girls can go. Maybe that wll give her incentive to not do it.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The only thing I could suggest is to get zip up pj's, and then sew something on them to keep the zipper up? My two year old wears the 24 month size at Carter's. Make it hard for her! Also, no interaction when you change the sheets. If she needs something that's different.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I might be a meanie, but I say let her sleep in it. And since she is doing it on purpose, I'd be swatting her little bottom. An honest accident is fine, but she is in control now. You need to nip int in the but somehow. If you don't agree with spanking, you could making her sleep on the floor until she "earns" her bed back. Obviously, don't let her into your bed! :) And no communication with her if you do end up changing sheet after sheet.

Or you could be so mean as to withhold any fluids for 3 or 4 hours before bed time (Is that too long?) so she doesn't have that much pee to wet the bed with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I say either let her sleep in it, or change the sheets and leave her in her own bed. No talking, no rocking (unless you want to do that every night), just either lie her back down or change the sheets then lie her back down. Then walk out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• duct tape the pull-ups :)
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009