I'm curious, A guestion about your healthcare

Maybe I am spoiled. My dh has a good job and decent insurance. We do pay a big deductable but have good coverage. We have only 1 time in 20 yrs been told something isn't covered in whatever insurance plan we had. That was Speech Therapy for a non medical diagnosis. Meaning not cause by a busted jaw or malformation etc.
While my dh has worked at the same place we have had different insurances due to the negotiations from his company with companies. Have any of you ever had a not covered incident or a case of being dropped? If so what was the instance?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. I've always had a job that provided an insurance plan. My employee plan didn't cover my daughter, so I bought a private plan. Everything we've needed has been covered. Although, I should point out we've never had a major illness.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• When DH was employed we paid half the premium ($600), had a $5,000 deductible, and a lot of stuff wasn't covered. Several immunizations were not covered as well as MRI's and CAT scans. And we chose the most comprehensive plan his employer offered. It sucked.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 4:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I've been uninsured, underinsured,overinsured, flat broke and sick as a dog, pregnant and uninsured, and have never had a problem getting healthcare. I did have to look a bit for someone to help me. It was a little scary, but we made it through.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Same here lovinangels. It was not impossible for me to find healthcare when i needed it. People just need to get off their lazy butts and look for it. Its not going to fall into your lap (not directed towards you, lovin.. just saying in general).
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I love my insurance. In 20 years I've only been told one that something wasn't covered because it was cosmetic, contacts for my eyes. My parents both have different insurance and they have been well taken care of. They were both diagnosised with cancer two years apart and both of them have all MIR's, CATScans, and followup visits covered. Even when I was unemployed, I made sure I had insurance and never had a problem getting healthcare.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We have excellent health insurance, completely paid for by the employer. I have never been told something wasn't covered, and we've run the gamut from spleen removal (rare disease) to speech therapy for my son.
    brokenmelody

Answer by brokenmelody at 4:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Never had a problem at all.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Nope. We have never been told that something wasn't covered. The most problems that we've had have been errors on the side of the filing office.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

How nice of you to make so many assumptions. When I had DD DH was making $7/hr, the state told us we made to much to qualify for Medicaid, his work didn't offer benefits, and I couldn't work because I couldn't leave the house. Tell me... how were we supposed to afford insurance when we couldn't even afford food?
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 4:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• "How nice of you to make so many assumptions. When I had DD DH was making $7/hr, the state told us we made to much to qualify for Medicaid, his work didn't offer benefits, and I couldn't work because I couldn't leave the house. Tell me... how were we supposed to afford insurance when we couldn't even afford food?"

Who is making assumptions? Health Care is accessible anywhere. there are places that will take payment plans, or be glad to send you a bill. Go find them, that's what I did. Sure, you'd be in some debt, but wouldnt it be worth it for your child rather than not letting them see a doctor at all? I still have bills to pay from when my second son was born. I'm not boohooing about it and pitying myself. Ive found ways to be able to pay these off.. slowly but surely.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009