What can I do to meet friends who are parents?

Most of my friends do not have children. I am left out of a lot of things they do because I need to stay home with my baby. My husband and I desperately need to meet people who are parents. My thought is that we'd have a little bit more in common and do things that I can bring my son to sometimes. What do I do? How do I do this? It is hard because because both my husband and I work.

jillybean6781

Asked by jillybean6781 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• do you know if you have a MOPS group in your area or a MOMS group. Mother Of Preschoolers = Mops...that's what I did to meet other moms is join groups...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You can join mommy groups that have members in your city. For example, I am in a Las Vegas mommy group here on cafemom. Then you can set a time and date to have a play date.
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 4:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• can you go to the park? have a yard sale and talk it up, meet ppl like u would a guy, in a restaunt/store..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Try meetup is a network for many things but if you type your zip code and interest groups parenting, it will direct you to a group of parents. Good luck, public disclosure just use common sense.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Sunday school is a place to meet other parents, if you are so inclined.

The Y sometimes has classes for parent and child. When you walk your baby in a stroller, sometimes you can meet other moms walking their babies. We had several moms with children about the same ages in our neighborhood and had weekly coffee/playgroups. Playgrounds are another place.

Answer by Bmat at 6:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Definitely join a Mommies group! In Las Vegas we have VegasMommies.com or check out our Parent Organization, The Mommies Network for a Mommies site in your area!
    Stephie_momof_2

Answer by Stephie_momof_2 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010