I need tips!

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for five months now. I already have a son who is going to turn 3, and haven't even been on birth control. We're trying so hard to get pregnant, but we haven't had luck. It's really frustrating and I feel so useless sometimes.

I need advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I tried for nearly 2 years and then I googled ovulation calculators and this tool really helped me. All I did iwas clicked on a link it had me enter my cycle info and told me the best days to get pregnant. I did this and was pregnant the next month. here is a link to one

http://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator

It made things alot less stressfull for me knowing when the best times to really try were. Some other things you can do are:
    -Remain on your back for 20-30 min with a pillow under your pelvis to tilt it up after intercourse.
    -Have him remain inside you for a few min after he plants his seeds. If he pulls out too quickly he can bring his sperm with him.
    -Have an orgasam before he ejaculates. This will change the alkalinity in your vagina and give the sperm a better chance of survival..
    -This one is the most important MAKE IT FUN!!!!
    Send me a PM if you have any questions about any thing I said here.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 1:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Next time you have sex see how much mucous your body makes. If youre not making enough the sperm cant survive long enough to find your egg :)
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I always say this....STOP TRYING...just have fun with it...the more you think that you are pregnant the more stressed your going to be and your body wont allow you to have one. Dont think of having sex is just to have a baby. When you and your husband have sex have fun with it. Dont think of a baby and just let it happen. Thats what happened to me and I got pregnant a few months later!!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 4:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• do you know how to count your cycle days? Day 1 is the first day of your period-and count from there. When you get to day 12, have sex atleast every other day up until day 18 or 20. If you are producing adequate cervical mucus and you are ovulating normally--you should be successful. Also, dont take any antihistamines, they dry up cervical mucus, and sperm need that thick mucus to survive.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Something you said caught my attention.... it was the part about feelilng useless. It makes me sad to hear people say they feel that way. That is a harsh thing to think of yourself, although i've been guilty of it myself. I agree with a previous poster, don't stress out so much.. have fun with it. After we were ready to try again between my kids one time it took 7months and another time it took about 5 or 6months. hw1977 has good advice as well about counting your cycle.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Get an ovulation test so you know when the best days are, and make sure your ovulating.
    Take Mucinex - it will help increase your cervical mucus. And try keeping a pillow under you during and after sex. Good Luck! If it's taking too long, what I did was get on birth control for about 3 months. For some reason you are more likely to get pregnant right after you stop taking it. But ONLY the pill.

I got the depo shot and it ended up lasting more than a year after it was suppose to have been out my system. (Something that is common) but my Dr. failed to mention until I started ttc. He told me it can sometimes take up to 36 months to completely clear your system.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 7:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2009