I NEED A LITTLE ADVICE PLEASE HELP...THANK YOU

I NEEDING A LITTLE HELP WITH THIS ONE MY MOM IS TRULY SICK AND ALSO ON A FIXED INCOME. I WAS WANTING TO TALK TO HER ABOUT PUTTING HER IN A ASSISTANT LIVING FACILITY SHE IS ALSO MARRIED BUT HER HUSBAND DOESN'T HAVE ANY EMPLOYMENT AND I FILL THAT BEING THAT SHE IS SICK THAT WOULD BE A IDEAL. PLEASE HELP WITH THIS ONE...THANK YOU CM MONLISA66.

monalisa66

Asked by monalisa66 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Health

• If you dont mind me asking whats wrong with her? Takin her away from her enviroment might make it worse on her. Did you think about hiring someone to either live there with them or have someone come in to help with the things that she needs? Its probably cheaper that way then putting her in a home where you dont really know how she is going to be treated. Or if worse comes to worse see if they would be willing to move in with you or other family
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 4:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Call her dr and see what other options there are. I don't think you can put her in one without her permission and that of her husband. There may be other things you can do like have a nurse come in to the home.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Can he take care of her with support? In home support is a great option. I have worked in long term care and the longer they can stay independant the better.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2009