will they charge a monthly fee?

I have gone to free credit report.com, and they charged $1.00 to my account for seeing my credit score. my husband thinks thier going to charge me a monthly fee for it, is this true???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• freecreditreport.com is NOT free! You signed up for a monthly subscription. If you gave out your bank or credit card info, you WILL be charged. The only truly free place to get your credit report is www.annualcreditreport.com. When you go there, they will NOT ask for your bank info. Cancel the other one before they charge you. I think the first 30 days is free at freecreditreport.com.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Why did they charge you for a free report?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You must have given them your information to do so. Call them and cancel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• By law they have to give you one free credit report per year. BUT to see your FICO score they normally will charge you for that. Not sure if you signed up for a subscription or onetime fee for your fico score. But some websites do try to make what should be a onetime thing a subscription. I would go back and see if you can look at the details and see if you singed up for a trial subscription or not. If you think you didn't cancel immediately.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2009