read so much & now its getting to my head. BAD

I read all about losing babies & phantom kicks & it really got to me.
The other day (about a 2 weeks ago) I was in a little fender bender wreck & I just need to know if I lost my baby, would I deffinatly know by now? I'm 22 weeks pregnant & 16 yrs old by the way.
Any help/advice please.

Thanks in advance :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• are you going to a ob? why didn't u call ur doctor and set up an appt as soon as it happened. u shouldn't let it go by this long...but u would know
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• fyi..
    if you don't want any rude snobbish comments..you shouldn't include ur age next time. and plus we don't really need to know it anyways...
    Good Luck
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• First off, go to your doctor if you get into any kind of wreck! I know you might feel a little silly, but better to be safe and all that. Second, stop reading! lol I know exactly what you are going through there- I was reading about different birth defects in my first trimester and was scared to do ANYTHING! I literally turned into a nervous wreck for the entire trimester. I have had several miscarriages and the last one was at 12 weeks. Even at 12 weeks, I was in so much pain, and there was a lot of blood. If you aren't bleeding and have no abdominal pain, I wouldn't worry too much. Please though, go to your doctor for a checkup just to make sure.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• a 22 week baby would be hard to pass without noticing it. I'd just go to the doc (if you have one) and ask them to listen to the Fetal heart rate. You'll feel better listening to it and they'd be able to tell you if it were a normal rate.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 5:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• your age is irrelevant.
    It was bad judgement on your part not to go to the Dr. right away after your accident. Your baby is probably fine but better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i was also in a minor wreck when i was pregnant. i was 19 weeks and like 4 days along. but bc i wasnt 20 weeks the hospital wouldnt have let me go to the ob dept. i wouldve waited forever! so i called my dr and they said not much could be done other than heartbeat, which i did anyways. all was well it was also a minor accident (got side swiped but slow speed). if you havent had any cramping or bleeding, you're probably just fine.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009