Everyone suggest this?

I would like to help labor along meaning at least get it stated i am right at 39 weeks Everyone says do a lot of walking and have a lot of sex but i cant do either of those what else can i do to start things i haven't really experienced any contractions just a lot of pain and discomfort that's driving me crazy nothing is helping what do you guys think? I need help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should just stick it out....the ur right there... why rush it when u have already waited this long? believe if i could I would start pushing right now
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• you could masturbate instead of sex, but honestly you'll go into labor when you go into labor, self inducing is so not real.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I've come to terms with the fact that the baby will come when it's ready. You've done 9 months, that baby should be in your arms within 14 days!!.....so be patient. It'll come when it's time. 14 days isn't NOTHIN compaired to 9 months.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 5:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i have seen midwives tell their patients to take castor oil to get you going. you might ask your doc about that. but i dont know any of the details, so do some research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I know how you feel OP! I'm 40 weeks and 4 days and just about ready to try anything! However, all of the home remedies you hear about will only work if the baby's lungs are developed enough to start producing a certain hormone. Without that hormone, none of those will work anyways. :( Some you can try are warm baths and foot massages. It can't hurt but it may not do anything either. Good luck and don't worry- no matter how it feels the baby won't be there forever!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had sex like a mad woman and walked my butt off and my son was still 2 weeks late. Baby will be here soon enough...just be patient.
    Doc. told me that castor oil is a TERRIBLE idea, it basically just gives you bad diarrhea and your body is going through so much with the diarrhea that it puts you into labor.
    Also, I dont think that masterbating would be the same as having sex as the point of having sex to induce labor is because the sperm helps you to dilate....
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

UMMM NO! STUPID idea. All it will do is give you the chits and you can get dehydrated. You can also cause your baby to chit in utero which is dangerous. Wait it out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• baby will come when he/she comes
    or
    you could use a time machine to go to the near future
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i thought the sex was for uterine contractions from female orgasms, but i guess not, once again the male orgasm wins.

i never win with sex anymore.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2009