my 19 month old child wont potty train and refuses now to wear diapers!

my 19 month old daughter is having such a hard time... she strips naked every chance she gets and hates wearing diapers but she refuses to potty train too... i dont know what to do!

Asked by Merediths_Mommy at 4:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When you are home put her in underwear (I recommend in a character she likes), ask her often if she has to pee or poop & sit her on the potty. when I trained my son I bought 100 assorted little toys from Oriental Trading Company and everytime he used the potty he got to pick a prize. He was 100% trained within 3 days. Good Luck!

Answer by ceciliam at 4:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• just because she's ripping off her diaper doesn't mean she wants to potty train, maybe she's just a free bird! :D maybe try pull-ups

Answer by dannersmell at 6:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Go ahead and by her underwear. What I did with my daughter was put a liquid proof cloth on her bed, such as what they use in hospitals, don't worry she won't soak in it, lol but she will feel that she is wet by wearing the underwear and she will get tired of it and soon will use the potty.

Answer by Sexymom75 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Brooke is almost potty trained and we have done it with the pull ups that get cold when they pee in them....she hates the way it feels and uses the potty now. Also every 20 minutes of so I put her on the potty with a book and she usually goes...she gets two m&m's for using the potty! Good luck hon! Hope this helps...also the underware are great...she HATES being wet and uses the potty then too.

Answer by Starchsr16 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008