Supprise Gender?

My DH & I can find out the sex of our baby at our next appointment but i kind of want it to be a supprise so that when he or she comes out i can look under the blanket that my son or daughter is in and see weather its a boy or girl, but the thing is i want to buy girly clothes before my child gets here and im not sure if i'll be able to wait to find out! what did you choose and what do you think i should choose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't have been able to wait. At your baby shower EVERYONE wants to buy you clothes. And just so you know, ours IS a girl and I only bought one outfit, everyone got us so many clothes I didn't have to buy any more than that. I think with 2nd or 3rd babies it would be a lot easier to keep it a secret.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 5:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I found out with my first two, and I want a surprise this time. As far as clothes, I already have some, especially girl clothes. But I know I'll want some new things, and I want some new things available when my baby gets here. So, I'm planning on going shopping before the baby gets here, but close enough to when s/he is born that I can return the things that are the wrong gender after the baby is born. Most places let you return stuff up to 90 days after you bought it, so if I start buying things 2 months before the baby is born I should be safe.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You could have your doctor tell your husband and if you just can not wait, he could tell you(no twisting his arm though.) You could always buy clothes at a place that has a return policy and exchange them or re gift them if the gender is not right............
    littlestchef

Answer by littlestchef at 5:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well I havent found out what Im having yet and I definitley will when it comes time bc Ive already been buying clothes and there are not that many gender nuetral clothes out there. WalMart doesnt even have a single sleeper that could be for either! I've already got a carseat thats teal and brown that I absolutly had to have no matter what the sex is, but Ive been loking at other stuff, like pakc n plays, and the bouncy seats and they have really cute ones for little girls but were hoping its a boy since we have a girl but I dont want to buy anything else til we find out bc if it does happen to be a girl then EVERYTHING is going to be pink!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We didn't find out. It was really exciting to wait for the surprise. We wanted all the large , expensive things neutral regardless for hopefully a second child that might be a different sex. We probably didn't get as many clothes as we would have if people knew the sex, but we still got plenty of yellow and green little sleepers, towels, etc. It was fun to go buy all his little clothes after HE (!) was born, and plus I knew how big he was so I got the right sizes.
    I think you should do whatever feels right for you. There is no right or wrong. We just really wanted to wait .... plus we got to pick out boy and girl names, which was fun! lol
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 7:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• we didn't find out. it was so exciting!!!!! we got everything neutral anyways, that way when we had other kids we wouldn't have to buy another crib set. and a lot of newborn and 0-3 month clothes are neutral too. and at the baby shower, since we didn't know the sex, we got A LOT of things that we REALLY needed instead of a bunch of clothes.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009