Should our government be ashamed of stealing our hard-work/earn money? I'm talking about taxes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont believe there is any ability to have shame in our government. They never have cared how much we pay in as long as they can do what they want with the money. If they did things differently we wouldn't have to pay this ungodly amount of taxes and they would get along fine. Most of our money goes to their goodies. You can't imagine how many perks and porks we are paying for.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• When it goes to buying Senators multi-million dollar jets, bail outs, and hundreds of other useless things theyve used our money on, heck yes, they should be ashamed!!!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Haha, well your question assumes that our politicians have the capacity for shame, which I do not think they do... But yes, it's a giant load of B.S.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• yes they should, but guess what? they're not!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It is a sick reality that the government just wants to live their life on your dollar.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If we didn't pay taxes how would you suggest our government runs? where would the goverment get money?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My favorite Thomas Jefferson quote:

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

Are some taxes needed? yep, but not all the waste that is currently going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• " If we didn't pay taxes how would you suggest our government runs? where would the goverment get money? "

Um I dont think anyone is saying we shouldnt pay ANY taxes.. Do you know where your taxes are all going to and how much of it is being wasted on useless bull crap?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You're assuming elected officials have a conscience!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The government is not a good steward of finances, so I personally think that we should all revolt and take it all back.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2009