SIL is living with me SO and our daughter and SIL is NOT paying or doing what she said she would

my SIL agreed to an amount to pay on rent. which is MORE than cheap. well she has only paid us a portion of it, and there our rent was late and WE came up with the amount she owed (otherwise we'd get kicked out) she isnot cleaning like she agreed to and she sleeps allllll day long. Ive told my SO he needs to speak with her about it and that she cant be living here with a fee ride. he got pissed off & has not spoke with her. wher do you think i should go from here? she is taking up space and making our home PACKED with furniture. (she took my DD room now my DD stuff is in our room and the living room)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Since your SO doesn't seem willing to say anything to her, I'd say something. Maybe start off with something like "I know it must be hard to live here with us, but before moving in your did agree to......"
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I agree with the pp. You will need to have a talk with her, be open and matter-of-fact, and then work with her on deadlines for catching up with what she owes you PLUS what she has to pay soon. You will also have to be more clear about your "help around the house" ideas. Some people feel awkward being in another woman's home and cleaning something differently than she does at the risk of offending her.
    If she does not pay in the future consistently then make up a contract that you all have to sign and adhere to with the stipulations and conditions. This may be family, but if you are relying on her money for help with the rent, then it becomes a business deal.
    I hope it all works out.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• we gave her more time, we had to pay our rent 10 days late bc of her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• ya we are in the same boat. my SIL is living with us i'm 7 months preg. she has a 2 yr. old. my SO said all she has to pay is $100 each month (when the rent is WAY over that so she is not paying even half) i want my baby boy to come home to his own room ( the house has 3 rooms my SO and i have one SIL has the other and SIL's son has the 3rd) i hate it. my mother said that my SIL's son and my son could share a room but i don't want that i want my baby to have his own. she does not do anything she will leave all the time with her boyfriend and leave her son anywhere she pleases so her and her boyfriend can go do the "deed". i'm sorry you have to go through the same. Good luck.
    maris1192

Answer by maris1192 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2009