Do you believe that a child should have and use an imagination?

I do. It allows for an escape. Not all kids live in the greatest of homes. Some are abused and neglected so badly that the only way they survive (other then being removed) is by creating another "place" to escape to. I don't see the problem with imagination. Do you?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I absolutely believe they should feel free to use their imagination.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Absolutely. I think it helps the mind expand and grow thereby makes them smarter on many levels.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think that it can be one of the best things in life! I come from a terrible childhood- filled with all the things you hope or pray children would never experience, and the one thing that saved me was going in my room and pretending I was somewhere else- performing a recital, riding a horse or any where but home. And also I escaped with Elvis, listenig to his music and singing and dancing along and to this day I am a hard core fan and my little ones are turning into them as well!
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY! It inspires creativity, independence.
    I was an only child, and my imagination kept me very occupied. I didn't have a lot of kids around my age, so i figured out how to amuse myself.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Absolutely! Think of all the great literary works, discoveries and artistic creations that wouldn't have happened without them first being imagined. I never tried to hinder the imaginative process in my kids when they were growing, and I still encourage it in them.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• that is all we had besides boring crap on TV when i was growing up. back then parents controlled the only tv in the house and that was in the livingroom. My folks didn't get a color TV until well after I moved out
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Of course they should.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 7:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• absolutely they should use their imagination!

Does someone say they shouldn't???
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• yup, someone does:

DESPICABLE the EVIL doll and the future implications for our society should the doll ever become acceptable I do not even want to even think about it. Dolls in and of themselves are unacceptable they encourage a mind to make believe and to dream and to think a infant is like a doll to be adored when only God is to be adored our God will tell us that in the Holy Bible and to use a evil expression as I do know God would disdain for any of us to doll ourselves up and then women all dolled up to please a mother and a family and society for photos and to be the center of attention and then to the children are thought to be like dolls put on display for all to see the little doll oh isn't she a doll they say to do all of that is from my own experience is to incur the wrath of GOD and I Fear GOD because child
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• because children belong to him and only him and he tells you and me not to put a child in a frame of mind to think of such things as to doll themselves up and then to think to be in control of their lives when God is . No man or a woman is their own man or woman we all belong to God and God says we do.

that was excreted as a response to a journal about a doll for kids whose gimmick is breastfeeding a few weeks ago

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009