Would this be too early? Not sure what the etiquette is?

Ok well I am hoping to have my baby shower in about a month (I will be 26-27 weeks pregnant)...is this too early? I am only wanting it this early because DH and I are both in college and will be getting our pell grants right around that time and would like to know what all we will need to buy the baby with the pell grant money. So what do you think...too early?
I know that your not "supposed" to have a shower for your second baby, but I am and my mom and friend offered to throw it, so please dont lecture me on that I really dont want to hear it anymore, we are going to celebrate our new baby no matter what.

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 6:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• omg if anyone lectures you about having a 2nd shower dont listen its the DUMBEST thing ive ever heard. no that is not too early. i had mine super late.. i was 38 weeks... have it whenever!! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think every baby should be celebrated. :) I think that timing is pretty good actually, you have plenty of time to figure out what else you need after the shower.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 6:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had a shower with all 3 of mine. That's just how my family and friends do things. Shower for each baby because each baby is to be celebrated. I don't think 26-27 weeks is too early, but you might want to just put the money aside and wait til about 30 weeks at least. That's what I would do, just to give it a little more time. But I think either way should be fine.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• why not have a second shower? I don't think old ettiquette rules appy to today. What u want to do makes sense too. I'd like to see the first baby only shower ettiquette rule thrown out of the window! I always buy gifts for babies born anyway, so a shower would help to know if they need anything. I'm sure your mom and friend understand why you wish to have it earlier.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I personally wouldnt have a shower that early but thats just me I guess. Its all good to be fully prepared for the baby but once you have everything, the days seem to pass by SOOOO much slower as you await the upcoming birth.

I dont know anything about that grant you are talking about but cant you save it for after you have your shower?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Do you know yet if the baby is a girl or boy? Or are you planning on not finding out? If you aren't going to find out then I think you could have it anytime. If you are going to find out and haven't yet, I'd wait until you know. I waited too long to have mine and at 40 weeks I really wouldn't want to have one lol! Better to have it while you are feeling good and energetic!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don'[t see anything wrong with a shower shower for your second baby, it should be celebrated, too :-)
    Why not save the pell money until 30 weeks and have the shower then?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Pell grants can go SOOO fast when you are a broke ass college student! I know! I think it's fine to have a shower now. I wanted to wait until I had a nice little belly to show off, but at 27 weeks you may very well already have a cute bump! I will only be 32 weeks when I have mine this weekend, and I had a few people tell me that was too early, but I don't really care! When you are busy busy all the time, and living on a budget, it's good to get everything organized and ready to go early, otherwise it may never get done. Congrats honey!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009