Do you believe in prophetic words or teachings?

or do you think they're full of it? how to know if the person is being serious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I believe that there are some people who have prophetic dreams. But, most of the time, it only concerns them or their family. However, there have been some things that have caused several people to have prophetic dreams though (Pompei, the attacks on September 11th). But, in general, most people only have them about themselves or their loved ones.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I do not believe in those TV people that channel spirits but i know sevral times i have ahd dreams about family memeebrs only to find out later they were in situtations similar to my dreams. I do believe God still gives some people the ability to see things that others can not
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes, I believe it.

How do I know if it's something really from God or not. Because I believe people who the revelation is about have the right to receive the same revelation (at least by a spiritual confirmation).

For example: If some guy went up to a girl and said, "God told me we needed to get married." Well, if the girl can't get that same message through her own pondering and prayer, then it's not true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes I do believe in the Prophetic gifting, I should.. I have it and those that are called to be prophets.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I believe everyone has some inherit psychic ability. The accuracy is based on the persons natural skill and learning.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• They are full of it and I don't care what religion they are. There is a difference between inspired and prophetic. I don't buy into prophetic as I don't buy into the whole need for an intercessor to reach the Gods. IF the Gods want to talk to me, they know where I can be found.

In reading the responses, I do want to make a distinction. For me prophetic is where someone is claiming that a God has told them....x, y and z. Clairvoyant experiences are different. I do believe in them as real phenomenon and have experienced clairvoyant dreams and visions, most often precognition.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Depends on whose prophecizing... I honestly don't believe thAT Silvia Brown lady.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• PM on Aug. 11, 2009 by: Shaneagle777
    Yes I do believe in the Prophetic gifting, I should.. I have it and those that are called to be prophets.

Ummmmmm sure ya do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I totally believe in it. I think it is an amazing gift.

Not everyone who says they have the gift are accurate representations of someone who has the gift. So just because you have seen someone you thought was weird, does not mean they all are.

And I totally believe that Shaneagle has that gift, she is used by God in powerful ways.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I believe that there are prophets in this day and I also believe that anyone that listens for the Lord to speak and speaks it forward has the gift.
    All gifts are for us...the Believers.
    As far as all these Sylvia Brown and the other loonies are nothing more than what they are..CON ARTISTS. They are vampires sucking the emotions out of people that are desperate for any type of an answer that lets them still feel connected to their losses of their loved ones.
    They call out..."there is someone here that wants to hear from their son that died in a car wreck..."; a hand will rise and then comes, "his name starts with a J?"...."well is it a G?"....and finally the poor soul that is desperate for something finally says, "well, no; but I did have an uncle that died in a car wreck and his name started with a "J"; his name was Jim" and then the game is on.
    They are sickening! They make a living from someone's pain & Sorrow.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 1:06 AM on Aug. 12, 2009