Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In need of moral support

My ex and I split in June. I've been a sahm since my daughter was born 1 yr ago. So far I haven't been able to find a job. Since he left he hasn't paid any child support. He makes over 50k a year, but the only way I can feed our daughter is with food stamps. I filed paperwork with Child Support Services to have them file a petition with the court on my behalf, but they couldn't get us into court for 4-5 months. I told my ex we should work out some support arangement on our own until then or he'd be paying tons of back child support. He told me that since she lives with me the financial burden should be mine, not his. So, I hired a lawyer last week. We go to court in a month. My ex is going to be served at work with a summons this week (he refused to give me his new address). The past few times we've talked we've gotten along, but I can just imagine what's to come. I'm just wondering how others out there have delt with this.

Answer Question

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • This is always the hardest part and it seems like men do their best to make it more difficult on us. I'm sorry he's being a jerk. You can get through this though. Make sure you file for spousal support as well if you have been married long enough to get it

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

  • I don't have a clue of how to handle this except listen to your heart and you will find your way. It sucks that he isn't taking responsibility of his own flesh and blood. Stay strong and love that little girl she will give you strength. This will find a way to work out for the better for you and you daughter. And I agree file for spousal support, you enabled him to have a career he can help you out at least until own are on your own two feet again. Good luck and Big Hug

    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

  • Try to get any and all help,wic,food stamps,whatever,see if can you get daycare money so you can attend a training school, I know in most states they will pay you while you go to training,and give you a clothing allowance.Keep calling the courts,do you know any of his family members,somebody knows where he lives. I wish you good luck,remember you are not alone,you have a lot of women standing with you.


    Answer by lady-t3984 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.