what is your history with guns?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• No guns.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• At 27 I've never touched, held, or even seen one. With the exception of on a cops hip, I suppose. And tv, duh!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• PS I ask 'cuz my husband and I are considering a gun range for target practice as something interesting to do for date night. I am slightly interested but a lot horrified at the thought.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Shooting a gun is fun! My hubby brings his home from work with him everynight and is locked up safely but going to the range is lots of fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We have guns. I've shot them. You might like it, you might not.

Guns are weapons, not toys, and need to always be treated with respect for the damage they can do if used or handled incorrectly, even at a practice range. Most accidents with guns happen right in the owner's home. I'd strongly advise a gun safety course.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I've grown up around guns. Shooting practice can be fun, and a great way to work off a little extra stress as well! A gun safety course is an excellent idea; I think everyone should know how to at least shoot a weapon if it is in the house at all. Accidents happen most often from people not knowing how to handle them. If treated with the proper respect, then it can be a fun time to share together! Good luck :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well for starters we weren't EVER allowed to 'play' with 'toy' guns. We were taught to respect guns and the danger involved with them. We were allowed to go on hunting trips at the age of 13 but never were allowed to shoot one until 15 and then only at targets under supervision. Then at 16 we were allowed to go and participate in hunting trips. Unfortunatly I have known of 2 people who lost their lives because of improper use of guns. One at a kids house party that the parents didn't lock up their guns and the kid 'swore' they weren't loaded, pulled the trigger to 'prove' it and killed himself. Another with a man who was teaching how to clean a gun, got cocky and decided to put the gun in his mouth and blew his brains out in front of 40+ people. If you respect the weapon and always use the utmost caution it can be and is fun. But you get cocky and irresponsible it can be dangerous.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 6:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I hate guns. I seen to many in my 29 years. No one should ever own a gun, shoot a gun, or even look at a gun. To many of my friend and loved ones are dead because of them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I was raised with guns. We hunted to eat. If we hadn't we'd have been a lot poorer than we were already. I shot a rifle the first time at 7. killed my first rabbit at 9, my first buck at 11. My boys were raised being taught to respect all weapons, their safety and how to handle them. They each shot a gun before they were 9 Both killed their first buck at 12. My youngest took the prize at the fair last yr for longest turkey beard in the county. We own many. I live in a state that works hard to protects my rights a s a gun owner..and bet your butt if you walk into my house univited you will be looking down a barrel. They are all safely storeed..but I can get that combination open in less than 5 seconds.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We have guns, I have shot them, have one loaded and tucked away at all times... the rest are locked away... never had any issues or reasons to worry about them... I am a granddaughter of a cop...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2009