I feel like the worst momma ever right now...

My 7 month old has recently learned how to throw fits! By fits I mean he just yells..he's not crying one bit. I have fed him, held him, played with him, laid him down and he will still be yelling. I have gotten to the point that I am so stressed out right now that I don't wanna touch or talk to him when he is content cuz I am afraid it will cause another yelling fit to come about. I love my son and I want to hold, cuddle, kiss and play with him but I don't know what else to do right now. I feel like crying and yet I can't because I am just so overwhelmed right. I could use encouragement or anything right now plz.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You will be ok, y dont u lay with him on his playmat or something. U r good mommy, u will get through this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You are not a bad momma...you are smart for seeking out support!! This has got to be a phase he is going through. As frustrating as it is, keep your cool and don't give him any attention during his yelling fits. He's still young, so try distracting him. Maybe by saying something like "was that a bunny that just ran by our window?!" and run over to the window. I don't know, for some reason that's the first thing that popped into my head! Good luck!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Its tough! It'll be okay. You'll get through it.
    Some things to try:
    -Hand him off to dad for a few minutes
    -Take a hot bath if possible
    -Take 10 seconds and breath tell your son that you're going to sit him in his crib for a few minutes (3-5 minutes) and take a breather
    -Take a few excedrin and try it again.
    -Drink some cool water maybe put a cold rag on your forehead
    -Set him down on a blanket on the floor with some toys and see if he'll play for a bit
    -Talk yourself through it (Not like talking to yourself crazy talk) Just tell yourself you can do this.
    -Give him something cool to chew on perhaps its his teeth? (Put a wet rag in the freezer for a few minutes then give it to him)

I hope any of these help you ! Just some I thought of off the top of my head! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I have 3 boys very close in age and today i have had it!!! I feel guilty feeling so frustrated, but i am feeling worn out. I don't have family here to help me out, my DH works late and sleeps until the afternoon so i pretty much don't get time away from the boys EVER. I also feel like a bad mommy sometimes. I feel guilty because i chose to have 3 kids and know it is very difficult especailly when they are very close in age. I don't even get to go to the bathroom by myself! i am sorry i am going on. You asked for encouragement. I was just letting you know i could relate. I don't think you are a bad mommy. I think every mom gets frustrated at some point and the ones that say they don't are lying!!!
    Anonymous

• I"ve learned to just take it one day at a time. When I first had my daughter, she was hysterical all the time. She cried for hours and hours a day, I thought I would lose my mind. Then, when I had to go back to work, I was EXHAUSTED. I would be up with her all night long only to turn around to get ready for work. I have had days where I'm so stressed I don't know what I'll do, but then I have a nap and everything seems better. You really do have to take being a mom one day at a time. Babies (at least mine) get better and you get better at handling them, but it is seriously stressful. Let him cool off on his own for a while. When my DD would go into one of her fits, we'd put her in the crib to let off some steam. She was always much better afterward. Good luck. Hang in there. I know how it feels.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Oh lord my son is 8months, and doing the same!! its extremely frustrating, hes getting over being sick, and of course while he was sick he was always in my lap. before then we made sure he liked to play with his toys while we were in his sight, basically we made sure he wasnt a (lap baby) or attached to me. but now, after the cold, if i sit him down and turn around he freaks out, nothing makes him happy, im sooo done in. i hate it. i wake up with him all night, am with him all day, then i go to work at three to come back home around 9:45 and start the cycle again. i have now gotten to the point i want to let his dad stay at home, and me get a second job. i have had some AWFUL thoughts about being home lately. i love my son soooo much, i just feel like i cant handle it anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We all go through that...your not a bad mama at all! May I make a suggestion? My son used to do the same thing...he would have no rhyme or reason to it...just would scream an ear piercing sound. Took him to pediatrician...turns out he had an ear infection with NO OTHER SIGNS! Come to find out, he must have had it for a while because he required tubes to drain his ears and honest to god, the next day the screaming stopped. Good luck to you and your baby...hope it gets better!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 7:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• the previous poster....ear infections.

My first had this same problem. She was so fussy and crazy, she just screamed for nothing and I was at my wits end. Turned out like the pp she had a massive ear infection, no other signs. She had tubes put in her ears, and turned into a completely different baby. She was 14 months old.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 12:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2009