i need tips to make it through the work day!

I have been off work since May due to a broken foot and all that jazz, but at the time I was only about 5 months pregnant...I am now 33 weeks pregnant, and I go back to work tomorrow for the first time since May...Just getting up for me is tough every single day, and making it through they day is a challenge, but I was jsut wondering if any of you had any tips on how to make it maybe a tad bit easier to make it to 5 pm! I have been having contractions, but my medicine makes me sleepy/sick so i cant take it while at work! its going to be a tough few weeks!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 6:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are u at a desk job?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 6:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• up and down from a desk..its an oilfield supply company so im in and out of the warehosue downstairs...
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 6:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yeah, it sucks, but I"ll tell you, it's a hell of a lot easier than once you have the baby and you have to go back to work. Now that seriously sucks when you're up with him/her all night and then have to go to work in the morning. I worked up until 1 week before i delivered. I took Tylenol PM at night to sleep and sat on a yoga ball at my desk. That helped.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• That sucks you have to go back to work! I would try to be sitting as much as I can and don't forget to bring snacks!!! Try to make yourself as comfortable as possible...wear good shoes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm 33 weeks also and I have a hard time making it through the day as well. I eat lots of healthier snacks, drink lots of water. Make sure you don't sit all the time. Get up and walk around for a few minutes every hour. I get stiff and sore and my feet swell up if I sit too long. If you are at a computer, work on your birth plan, list of things for your hospital bag, list of things you still need to get before baby comes. I get on alot of baby websites. It is hard to concentrate on work when you are always thinking of being pregnant and of the baby. Good luck.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009