Should I go?

Recently my MIL, and some other people in my DH's family decided to go on a trip for a few days. They do this often and I had never been invited. I commented to my husband about it, because it kind of hurts my feelings that they don't think to ask me to go. Anyway, the day after I say this to him, my MIL asks if I want to come. I don't want to go if my husband told her what I said because then I feel pathetic. Also, my husband can't get the time off from work to come too so I would be taking the kids alone. I'm really comfortable around his family, but I am nervous about going for a few reasons. First of all, my husband and I haven't been getting along lately and I feel like he asked his mother to invite us so he can have a break from us. I said that to him and he didn't even respond. :-( He has been partying a lot lately and I don't like the idea of him hanging out with his dumb buddies all the time while I'm away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you need to have a talk with him. IMO a man who acts single wants to be single. I would tell him that too. Partying once a month is ok but if he is regularly going out with the guys and getting drunk you might be losing your hubby. Maybe he is stressed and scared to talk to you about it. My guess is there is something on his mind that is bothering him and you need to get to the bottom of it before he spirals outta control. Then again I could be wrong:) Since you cant trust him maybe a break from each other will do you some good? I doubt this helps but GL I wish I could be more help
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 7:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think you should go. If he's got straying on his mind, he will stray sooner or later anyway. So why not give him the opportunity now and have a good time with his family? It doesn't really matter if he said something to her or not, the fact is that you have been invited, and you should go. If he gets into something he shouldn't, you will find out about it soon enough. But, if you decide to go, don't be calling him every little bit, checking up on him and worrying about what he's doing. The purpose of your going is to enjoy yourself. And you never know, he might miss you and the family enough to think about what life could be like if he had to live it all alone.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• helllllllzzzzz no i woulndt go...the only way i would go is if he was with me with his family because they hate me...lol....but for u since you get along with them...it may be a good for u to get away for a while ya know???
    iluvblaze

Answer by iluvblaze at 10:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009