Traveling to Relatives?

I have relatives (6 aunts and uncles) that all live really close together. They are all begging me to come see them when the baby gets here. My DH is in school and work full time, but they want to see him too. I haven't seen them for almost 2 years bc they live 8 hrs away. Every time they call they ask when I'm coming and when I try to explain they hang up really quickly. I'm getting so frustrated bc I'm 40w 4d along, and I don't want to even think about planning a trip that long with a small baby, even if we had the time/money for it! How can I make them see that even though I really want to come visit, it may not be for a while yet still?

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 6:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Explain it to them, if you have to write a letter, then next time they ask just say you will be glad to come visit once you are fully recovered from giving birth and are more use to being a parent. Also say you can't afford to come now but when you can you will. They may offer to help pay for the trip. I think travel with a small baby is easier then when they get older and don't sleep all the time. Just don't feel bullied and once you have explained then when they ask just say when I can. Good luck.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 7:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• get a pair of webcams so the baby and great aunts and uncles can get to know each other.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2009