PREGNANT

i have a Q, yes its a dummy Q. when the doc mesures ur stomach what do that mean??is that how many wks u r are please explain yeah i know i am slow but really wanna know

please dont laugh 2xxxxxxxxx hard

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• good question, they're measuring your uterus to make sure the growth is on track. i'm sure someone will post a more technical answer for ya.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• they are measuring the top of your uterus to see how high/large it is growing according to the week of your pregnancy. Every appt they will check it.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 7:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• And your "measurement" should be equal to how many weeks you are. It can vary depending on the size of baby and ur uterus. For instance, I am 36 wks measuring 38 cm...therefore they think the baby may be slightly larger...
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 7:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I LIKE ljiammama answer thats what i always thought see this the thing they told my daughter she was due sept 8th 09 but when she went to the doctor today she measured 41 i was like huhhh..and see my concern is this her 3rd child her first we found out after the fact the she had CHF/C,HEART FAILER..baby 2 no problem,, baby 3is taken her the same road the swellen problems breathing will send pic, so am i missing something here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2009