air force question

just got off the phone with an air force reserves advisor, not she said i didnt qualify becuz im a single parent. why other branches does it and they dont

angelsmommy0721

Asked by angelsmommy0721 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Im not sure. My step son wanted to join the air force and was denied because his girlfriend is pregnant. It seems to me that they can't be that hard up for bodies if they deny people based on that.
    brokenmelody

Answer by brokenmelody at 7:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i dont think any branches will accept single parents
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• *branch
    tnm786

• I don't think any branch would because of the liabilities involved with caring for your dependents when and if you are deployed. I say this with the experience I had when my husband and I were both in the USAF. The level of paperwork we had to keep on file AT ALL TIMES which provided for the care of our kids in the event we were both called up makes me think that is the reason such restrictions are in place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009