SAHM's

have you ever 'stolen' money from your husband? i have, not much the most i've taken at one time was $20 but still... he doesnt give me an 'allowence' and i dont ever have spending money for the week!!!

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 7:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no i havent,..honestly if i did id be afraid of what would happen..verbally i mean. i too never have spending money or any money really. hes never given me money for "myself". its kinda pitiful that we consider it "stealing" HIS money..really it shoulld be OUR money (the husbands and wives) sigh..in a perfect world huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My husband doesn't control the finances, we share that responsibility. So there is no "stealing". My parents have that kid of relationship and I find it bizarre. When one partner has all the control it leads to resentment on both sides.
    So to answer the question, no, I don't have too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• No, we have a joint account so he can see exactly where I spend what I spend. Sometimes I take change and put it away though, which he knows about but he doesn't know how much is there. That's my stash for gifts for him and the kids.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 7:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• nope, we never have much money so the only time I get to buy myself anything is when my family gives me birthday money, and its usually around 75$ so I get to spend 75$ a year on myself, when we do happen to have a lil extra I usually wanna get the kids stuff. And when I need money for gas, cigs or what ever I ask for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Nope. I need money, I raid his wallet. He needs money, he takes it out of mine. No big deal. It's *our* money, not his or mine.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 7:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It's your money too!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• In our house, it's our money. If I need it, I will take it out, but I will let him know so that he can stop at the bank or make sure he has his bank card. He would do the same for me.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 7:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• yes everytime i do laundry ikeep everything i find
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• ummm its not stealing your married its 50/50!!! we have a joint account i have the credit cards and debit cards, any man that would say its stealing is an ass your married your entitled to it just as much as he is 100%
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• NO, my name is on the acct. too. Actually, it was there first. I have the check book and a debit card if i don't have any cash.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 8:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009