what is the best advice to get my daughter to sleep at night?

right now she sleeps all day and stays up all night shes 2 months old

samantha107

Asked by samantha107 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like she has her days and nights confused, try to keep her up as much as possible during the day, allow for a few naps, just keep at it until she gets back on a night sleep pattern...Maybe some other moms has more to add or something better for you to try.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• stimulate her as much as possible during the day, and at night when you are changing her/ feeding her talk quietly and keep the room dim...... don't give her any stimulation at night and she'll figure it out after about a week (well that's how long it took my kids lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My advice, read this book "The contented little baby" by Gina Ford (Barnes and Noble can order it). My baby girl was sleeping through the night at just 2 1/2 months old. Thats all im going to say as ive told so many people about it, t really is a winner!
    Texanairforce1

Answer by Texanairforce1 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We set up a night time routine. My daughter had her days and nights messed up as well. At that time she was not getting a bath every day but we had a night time routine. We didnt set an unreasonable bed time at first. I think the first one was like 3am, So we would start the routine about 15 mins before. It took a couple days but she was going down at 3am. Then we just kept moving it by half an hour every couple of days and before long she was going to bed at 12am, 11pm 10pm and now she goes to bed at 8pm. I really think the night time routine helped out tons. Good Luck and I hope you are getting enough sleep!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• During the day I woke my little ones up every 3 hours to eat, and then at night I let them wake up on their own - with that help they regulated their bodies to a normal day/night routine. My plan with all 4 of mine was based on Babywise: Giving Your Child the Gift of Nighttime Sleep. All babies are different, but this worked for all 4 of mine and they were all sleeping 8 plus hours/night by 3 months at the latest.

Answer by missanc at 9:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009