So who has read the Health Care Bill?

I have been reading parts of it, I had it downloaded, but lost it. So I need to re-download. The actual bill, not news sources or various web sources like fakecheck, oh sorry factcheck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm having a heck of a time trying to read it. I mean I've learned lots of legal lingo in my comms law class, and through all the contracts at my last job.

...but STILL, I feel like I need a lawyer with me to make sense of it all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well, we all know those loons in the WH havent even read it.. I know a few ladies on this section who have been working on it, but not yet finished it (to my knowledge, anyway).
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I've read it. Why?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 8:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I am almost done reading it for the 3rd time...need to stay up to date with revisions.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm guessing most people here haven't because they keep regurgitating talking points put out by the Republican pundits or the so-called grass roots movements which are in fact linked to the lobbying firm that handles insurance industry interests regarding regulation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• NO one has because it's still being drafted. Not even the idiots in congress.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I have read bits and pieces but yes I agree you do essentially need a legal degree to get thru most of it; it takes two or four read throughs to understand some parts.

I think it should be illegal for the House or the Senate members to vote on or pass ANY bill that each and every one of them haven't read. If they haven't read it; then they should be forced to vote "present" or whatever

It is complicated and there is a lot for a layperson to understand by just reading thru; but it is possible to find the sections the uber-conservatives are spazzing about and refute about 98% of their fear-mongering claims.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• anyone who says they've read it is lying.The HOUSE bill is out there and it's as long as War and Peace. God only knows what BS the Senate will slip in there in the wee hours of the night!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2009