What do i need for Back to School??

My son is starting Pre-School in jsut over 2 weeks, and i have tried calling the elementary school he will be at, and the school district to see if i need to send any supplies in with him (there are so many good sales going on right now, id like to buy it now!) and no one has any idea... i cant even find out from them what time his PM class starts at, no one has any idea about that either.

SO, if you have a child starting pre-school soon, what supplies have they told you you need to bring for them? thanks!

23wkrmommy

Asked by 23wkrmommy at 7:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am in the same boat, they told me they would be sending out a list in the next few weeks. So frustratting.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• where im at we need a back pack a note book kelneex and a change of clothes. the school provides everything else. my oldest is in 1st, so i went ahead and got same supplies for my pre schooler, even tho he cant take them to school, just to use at home....
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i think every school is different-but the list walmart had just as "suggestions" for preschool is:
    backpack,tissue,crayons,jumbo erasers,washable markers,watercolors,#2 pencils,folder,drawing tablet,&construction paper...I'm not sure they're going to need all that though-thats just the suggestions on walmarts back to school lists.It sucks they don't do the school by school lists like they used to when we we younger!!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• at ours all they need is a backpack.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• They just need a packback, and change of clothes. The money we pay every month covers the crayons and everything they use.
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 9:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• They just need a backpack and a change of clothes as a general rule. You're paying fees for preschool which covers the supplies. I know our preschool brings in about $3500-4000 a month and they have to pay one teacher and one assistant for 15 hours of teaching a week plus the teacher works a few extra hours doing admin stuff. I figure they use maybe half of that for paying the teachers and the rest is available for snacks, supplies, and so on.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Wait... if you need to buy anything then on the first day they will send you home with a list. our DD is about to start preschool and all she needs is a backpack with a full change of clothes in it. We paid a fee with her tuition to cover the supplies. The school buys them. So I would just wait until the first day.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 8:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2009