If you've ever had a stress fracture

How long did it take to heal? I fractured my foot (2nd metatarsal) a little over 6 weeks ago. I didn't go in for 13 days, then a week after that they sent me to a podiatrist. He put me in a removable cast for 3 weeks then told me to wear my surgical shoe for residual pain. I ended up putting the cast back on because I couldn't take the pain anymore, but I'm still in pain just sitting here.

I have to pay out of pocket, so I'm not sure if I should go back to the podiatrist or what. I'm not sure if it's normal or if there's even anything they can do. He said at my 2 week recheck that it wasn't healing as fast as they'd like it to, but it wasn't anything to be concerned about.

Any thoughts?

DaffysDoll

Asked by DaffysDoll at 8:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Health

• I have a stress fracture on my foot too....oops.

its been a few weeks, its sore and tender but not too bad. I also had reconstructive surgery on it last year so its still healing in that department.

its totally normal for it to hurt like a SOB.

if he said its not healing as fast as they want it may still be healing really slow...take it easy on the foot. do you have crutches? I'd use them to keep weight off.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• They can take a long time to heal 100%. I've had tons of breaks, fractures, stress fractures, etc. I have had so many stress fractures, and IMO they take longer and are more painful than full breaks.

Sorry to hear you're hurting mommy! It will get better, just give it some more time.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009