it happened to me...

Just wanted to warn some of you moms.. i never really thought of this before yesterday.. my family was on an elevator when it was time to get off my 3 yr old placed his hand on the door before i could tell him to get it off the elevator opened and my sons hand was jammed in the space between the door and wall where it slides in. it took a few min. to get his hand out and honestly i really thought it was going to keep trying to close, but i found a stop button... i was incredibly scared of my son losing his fingers or hand.. please be careful.. it was pure luck that kept my son from not having any major injury.. i never saw that coming, maybe i just didnt think about it.. now i will never forget it .. just wanted to pre warn you if you didnt think about this happening either..

vwhite

Asked by vwhite at 8:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• happy to hear all is ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Thank you. I am very leary of elevators, but you never think about that. Kids are always putting their hands on them because they are interesting. I will keep an eye out. My teen is terrified of elevators. She sits over in the corner whimpering and praying we make it to the 2nd floor without incident...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• how old is the elevator? most of the ones made in the last 10-15 yrs have a sensor that when something gets between the doors, it autimatically opens back up.

Glad to hear everything is ok!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• wow. Thanks for the heads up I would've never thought of that.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Wow, scary. Thanks for sharing that warning! I'm glad your boy is okay, he must have been scared! Poor little guy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:00 AM on Aug. 12, 2009