Fleas!!

My cat came home with fleas and now my house belongs to them! I've been using carpet powder EVERY NIGHT to try and kill them, but I think I'll have to bomb my house to finally kill them. I don't wanna bomb bc of my daughter and the grossness that the bomb leaves behind..is there any other way to kill them without having to bomb?

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pets

• I use diatomatious earth it is all natural and it will not harm your baby :) I put it straight on my dog every three month and sprinkle it on the floor then vacuum it up :)
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• as far as bombing, if you cover the beds and dressers etc with sheets than it doesn't leave behind the nastiness as bad. and if you put lime juice or salt around the perimeter of your yard and house they won't get into the yard, and if they come into the yard on the cat, and get in the grass they will be kept out of the house so all you have to worry about carrying them in then is the cat.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• With the rainy season many people are having to deal with increased amounts of bugs including fleas. I also use DE. Here's a website. Make sure you buy FOOD GRADE. There is another type that is NOT ok for use on pets and around people. This website only sells the food grade so they can be trusted.
    http://www.earthworkshealth.com/
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• They do sell a no residue bomb now. I use that. The only thing is sometimes I have to do it twice a week apart. You have my sympathy, I am dealing with the same thing right now.
    adove01

Answer by adove01 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009