will being around paint hurt the baby?

my DF is painting the baby's room and i want to help! i don't think i'm supposed to be around it but he has the window up and its jus regular paint.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• put 2 drops of lemon juice in it and stir it up, it will douse the fumes
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't be breathing paint in..especially while your pregnant. Use a mask that covers your mouth and nose if you want to help. And if you can, keep the window down while you paint!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 8:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We painted our entire house in three days a month ago. I helped and we had the house opened up as much as possible. I did sleep in a room we did not paint since the fumes were so bad. Probably not the best idea, but there wasn't a lot I could do about it. I would say one room for a few hours shouldn't be too bad. Keep the windows open!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• when i said having the window up means its opened lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• use paint that has 0 vog..... it costs about the same as regular paint and there are absolutely no fumes. i got mine from lowe's..... olympic is the brand i used, but there are other brands too. then you wouldn't have to worry about anything (and regular paint smells a while after it dries too)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You shouldn't help. You shouldn't be in the room at all when he's painting. If you cannot open the windows to air it out while he pants, you should go somewhere like see a movie or go shopping to avoid being cooped up in the house with it. You shouldn't spend a significant about of time in the freshly painted room for 48 hours.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2009